Tuesday, 15 March 2016

Make up favourites

Well aren't we lucky, it is another stunning day out there.  That has been quite a few days in a row which is very unusual for our otherwise dismal Northern Ireland weather.  Its always so wonderful to see the sun out and it definitely seems to give everyone a lift!  

I went out this morning with a friend and our babies and instead of wearing my usual winter coat and boots I actually wore a cardigan and shoes.....and I wasn't even cold!!  The excitement ;-)

Thought I would share my make up constants.  These are the items I always use, pretty much day in, day out and I always repurchase.  I am by no means an expert but I know what works for me and these are the items that are IT!  Every now and again I take a recommendation whether from a friend, blogger or magazine and try something new but always come back to my same items on my next repurchase!




My foundation is YSL Touche Eclat but this could have easily been Chanel Vitalumiere.  I love them both equally and take them in turns when repurchasing. My preference is a thin, liquid foundation that looks dewy and natural.  I find thin formulas easy to work with and these can both be put on in a hurry and make my tired skin look that bit more radiant.

Claris Beauty Flash is just brilliant, I apply to dry patches of skin and a little on cheek bones just to amp up the glow under foundation.

YSL Couture Eye Primer was purchased when I bought my foundation.  I have never tried this before and always used Urban Decay Eye Primer.  I only bought it as YSL in Boots was  offering some sort of extra points deal if I purchased 2 products (I am a total sucker for these things) but I love this and find it works better for me than the Urban Decay and I much prefer the packaging.

Naked Urban Decay Flushed is my go to bronzer, I also use the blusher and I love having them in a compact.  I can't vouch for the highlight as I never use it!

Dior Rosy Glow blusher was bought as a present for me some years back and I always use it when I need brightening up.  The bright pink looks slightly scary but if applied with a light hand can really brighten up a dull complexion.

Seventeen Phwoarr Concealer for me is as good as Laura Mercier's and at a fraction of the price.  Covers up my under eye circles and is a lovely creamy consistency.

Collection Extreme Felt Tip Liner is soooo cheap and just excellent. I used to use a Lancome one and only picked this up when I couldn't find mine and there was only a Superdrug at hand.  I have repurchased time and time again and usually buy one every couple of months.

Same with the Seventeen Sculpting Pencil, nothing much more I can say about it except it works and its cheap!

Clinique Neutral Territory 2 Eyeshadow Palette is lovely, it has all these wonderful, wearable shades for day or night.  I used to have UD Naked Palettes but I hated the bulkiness of the packaging and this little slim Clinique palette is perfect for me.

Clinique Long Last lipstick in Watermelon is MY colour!  It makes my complexion look so much better and if I have had a hard night with the baby this baby perks me right up.  The perfect pink!

Jo Malone Velvet Rose and Oud was a Mothers Day gift from my husband.  Pricey but so worth it I cannot describe how much I love this perfume!




Now time for me to get some lunch and possibly clean out my car while my girl sleeps!  Lets hope this sunshine continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment