Thursday, 5 May 2016

Holiday Packing

Okay I honestly don't blow my own trumpet very often but if there is one thing I am preeetttyyy good at its traveling light.  We have been lucky enough to do a fair bit of traveling over the years and I have the packing thing down....this cockiness is going to come back and bite me on this holiday I just know it?

So this is what I am packing clothes wise for our 2 week holiday to Portugal.  The style for me will be totally relaxed, there is no glamour here folks...I have a 1 year old so I will be putting her to bed at 7:30pm and not leaving....so no late nights, no fancy restaurants and no nightlife!

Goodness I am sure your all very envious as I have made this holiday sound very exciting ;-) I am looking forward to it though! So packing..... the way I do it is that the majority of my clothes all will work well together.  They are all of similar tones.  I bring shirts that will double up as an extra layer for evenings, worn over bikinis as cover ups and cover shoulders that have seen just a little too much sun. Metallic coloured footwear is a must, golds and silvers work well with anything. I bring a bag that will do as a baby bag and a beach bag. I don't bring anything that I am not totally convinced I will wear!


So first off 

  • 3 Broderie Anglais style tops, sleeveless, short sleeved and 3/4 sleeves.  I love these tops for being airy.  All are 100% cotton and all are from Zara.
  • A boring but useful t shirt from Oasis.
  • A lovely little Part Two Cap Sleeve Shirt from Roco Boutique Holywood (current stock)
  • A kitsch shirt with embroidered palm trees (couldn't help myself) new purchase from Zara. (current stock)
  • 2 pairs of shorts. White ones from New Look and denim from Topshop.  Both are girlfriend style. and a size too big so they drop down on my hips. I honestly have been traumatised trying on shorts in the last couple of years, they are just so.......short.
  • 2 striped tops by J brand (pricey but had them years) and a striped dress from Accessorize good for the beach/pool.
  • My beautiful Hugo Boss Denim shirt from Roco Boutique, I love this shirt its just fabulous. (current stock)
  • Pretty pink knit cardigan by Repeat.
  • 2 Bikinis by Violet Lake from Net a Porter. Honestly had these forever and don't lose shape.
  • Lily and Lionel scarf, useful for evenings and for keeping in the bag if air conditioning gets a bit chilly.
  • 3 pairs of shoes, Leather sandals from Topshop, flip flops by Havianas and trainers from Next.
  • Lily and Lionel Bag, holds a lot of stuff!
  • Ray Ban Erika sunglasses.

I also will be packing a little white vest but I need a new one so not pictured....and underwear clearly.

We also will have access to a washing machine in the 2nd week, which does help.

We fit this, my husbands clothes and my daughters into a large suitcase. So thats it.  Now all I have to worry about is the flight with a toddler!  

Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment