Monday, 2 May 2016

The Alternative Trench Coat

I had been on the look out for a trench coat for ages and had looked at numerous but everytime I tried on one I thought 'this isn't going to work for me'.  I think its a problem with a tie belt and a lot of them being double breasted.  Sometimes I just want to wear my coat open and double breasted coats with belts just don't tend to sit well open.  This might sound stupid to those of you that don't have children but sometimes speed is everything and I often don't have time once out of the car to be faffing about tying belts in a way that is just so and rearranging collars!

Anyway I finally found a coat that is perfect.  It ticks all the boxes.

  • Perfect trench coat beige
  • Single breasted
  • No belt
  • Hood (Gotta love a hood! Who can carry a child and hold a umbrella?)
  • Deep pockets (that will hold a banana, tissues, a box of raisins, a lipgloss, phone and keys!)
  • Zip fastening
Its from Zara and a good buy at £49.99.  Its ONLY fault is that it does crease pretty much immediately, but I forgive it as it is going to be so useful :-)

Outfit
Coat - Zara Water Repellent Coat
Top - Whistles Holly Linen Striped Top
Scarf - J Crew Light Knit
Jeans - Topshop Lucas Destroyed Jeans
Trainers - Stan Smiths
Sunglasses - Rayban Erika







I must say my pictures were taken on Saturday and sadly it is still a bit cold for a light weight coat but I am hoping thats going to change really soon as it is May?!

Hope you all had a good bank holiday.

Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment