Wednesday, 8 June 2016

New Look Dungarees

For years I have loved jeans, dressed up/dressed down if I wasn't in work you would find me in my favourite skinny denim.  Lately though I have become a little fed up of my off duty uniform and I think its because I am now working part time so whereas I used to only have 2 or 3 days of the week in jeans that has now increased to 5 days. 

Soooooooo, I have been online gazing at dresses, skirts, trousers, leggings....you name it I have looked at it!  I have ordered a couple of things which should be winging there way to me as we speak.  
Also and I know I am a bit late to the game on this one but what I did pick up in New Look in Forestside just recently was black dungarees. Now I am slightly unsure of these on me, I have seen them on girls looking stylish on the street and seen some lovely ones on instagram but I am just not totally sure?  They are ridiculously comfortable and I feel they might be a great alternative to skinnies (and yes I know they are still denim but they aren't jeans okay?!) but on their own with just a tee underneath I feel like a bit of a knob, I just don't feel like they are me. Then I tried them on with a shirt and scarf........and I think I like it!  They were extremely reasonable at £22.99 so I will be keeping them at that price as I may possibly kick myself if I don't.

Here is a pic, please forgive the ladders in the background.  My husband is meant to be doing something with them but they have been there for an age so goodness knows. Talking about my husband I am pretty sure he is going to hate these ;-)

Outfit
Dungarees - New Look
Shirt - J Brand - Roco Boutique Holywood
Scarf - Lily and Lionel - Roco Boutique Holywood
Trainers - Stan Smiths
So if your in the market for some dungarees maybe give the New Look ones a try?  For me they are what I wanted fit wise, not too tight but not too loose on the leg, adjustable straps on the top and that price point is just too good. Possibly going to be more of a Autumn/Winter piece for me because of the way I am choosing to wear them but I will maybe play around with them some more to see if I can get anything else to work.

Whats your thoughts on dungarees? Are you a convert?

Claire x



No comments:

Post a Comment