Sunday, 12 June 2016

The To Do List That Never Gets Done

We moved into our house 2 years ago, I was pregnant at the time and I had no idea what was in store for us!  When moving in we created a To Do List of things we wanted to get done around the house some of these things were big (knocking down walls!) and some were small (changing all light fittings!) but pretty much nothing got done.  Nothing.....in 2 years we have barely managed to score anything off our list apart from putting in a couple of stoves and only that was done as our house was absolutely arctic, so it was kind of a necessity.

I had no idea that having a baby would stop us from achieving what we wanted to do with our home and its not Stella's fault....its our fault.  Come the evening we are either so tired from work or parenting(!) that we have our tea, collapse in front of the tv and head to bed.  Times are changing though people, our girl is sleeping through the night now (it only took 15 months ;-) so we need to start getting stuff done. No excuses!

I am starting off small and this week I took delivery of a fabulous full length mirror from House of Fraser.  I have been without a full length mirror for 2 years now so I am totally loving this new addition.  It was also a case of go big or go home!  It is a monster! It is the Casa Couture Valencia Leaner Mirror if anyone is interested. Photo from House of Fraser website.
I have also ordered some new bar stools from Atlantic Shopping. The prices on this website are fantastic so I am hoping the quality will be decent enough.  Fingers crossed and I will keep you posted.

It was my husbands birthday last week and if you follow me on Instagram you will know my little girl thoroughly enjoyed her first taste of birthday cake.  I obviously wasn't shovelling the cake into her mouth quick enough so the spoon was snatched from me and she went to town. It got worse....so much worse than this!


We went out for dinner on Saturday night for my husband's belated birthday celebrations. I was able to give the photographer/birthday boy the night off and I took a couple of photos in my new mirror to let you see my outfit.

Outfit
Knitted Top - Zara
Jeans - Topshop Destroyed Leigh Jeans
Shoes - LK Bennett Idina Peep Toe
Clutch Bag - Accessorize


That's it from me.  Hope you had a good weekend!

Claire x


No comments:

Post a Comment